Teamspeak is a Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) software that allows users to speak in a chat channel, much like a telephone conference call. In order to connect, one must download and install the free client, which can be found here: https://www.teamspeak.com/downloads. You will need Speakers to hear and a microphone to speak. You can use teamspeak without a microphone, though you will only be able to hear the conversation. Once installed and opened, follow these simple steps to connect.
- Go through the setup wizard. This will set your username and some options, they can be changed in the future. At the end of the wizard, you may be put into the public server list, you can close this.
- Click on Bookmarks in the toolbar and select Manage bookmarks. Only the public teamspeak server is there, so we will have to create a new one for SWG Reckoning.
- Click on Add Bookmark and you will see "new Server" appear. Undernieth, there will be some info to fill out.
- Label - The name of your bookmark, can be anything
- Address - This is the server's address, ts3.swgreckoning.com
- Nickname - should be auto-filled from the wizard, it is the name that others will see
- Server password - This should be blank
- More - These are the advanced options, leave alone if you want to just connect with default options
- Click on "OK" and you will be back at the main screen.
- Now click on Bookmarks and you will see the server. Click on it to connect.
- You will now be able to communicate with the others.
IMPORTANT NOTE Edit
If you wish to use the Push to talk feature of Teamspeak, which many do, be sure to run the teamspeak client as administrator (right click the teamspeak icon instead of double clicking it and choose "Run as Administrator")